A Chanel- inspired tweed jacket is a classic wardrobe staple for any modern woman, trusted to work for autumn/winter fashion and every season after. It’s simple yet elegant design makes it so versatile, flattering and timeless. Tweed jackets come in variations of colours which makes it an ideal jacket to throw on with different ensembles. They look great in off- duty combinations when you want to dress down and looks just as great in sophisticated ensembles. It’s the perfect outerwear choice that transitions seamlessly from work to play.
Tops to wear under a tweed jacket
If you don’t want to appear overly formal in a tweed suit, but still need to look smart, there are many fail-proof combinations you can try. Pairing your tweed jacket with another timeless wardrobe staple can never go wrong.
- A classic white button up shirt will enhance your ensemble or try pairing it with silk blouses with feminine details like ruffles and frill to add texture and elegance.
- Dress it down with a classic white t-shirt and leave the jacket unbuttoned.
- Keep tops tucked into the waistband of your skirt or pants to accentuate your waistline.
Trousers to wear with a tweed jacket
Tweed jackets are extremely flattering when paired with slim-fit pants or leggings. If you want a more laid-back look, you can never go wrong with a pair of blue or black skinny jeans.
- Skinny and slim pants are great alternatives to jeans and falls along the lines of being formal and relaxed casual.
- Straight-leg, wide-leg and flared pants are equally as chic if they are your preferred silhouettes.
- Opt for leather pants or leggings for an edgier look. If you don’t want to appear overly formal in a tweed suit, but still need to look smart, there are many fail-proof combinations you can try.
Styling a tweed jacket with a skirt
You can always pair your tweed jacket with a separate skirt if you haven’t purchased a full tweed suit. It’s less formal but looks equally smart and stylish.
- Skater skirts and ruffled mini skirts are cute and perfect for that effortless look you’re going for.
- For a smart casual get-up, tweed pencil skirts maintain the polished look that’s appropriate for in and out of office hours.
Footwear options for a tweed outfit
Wearing the right footwear will finish off your tweed ensemble.
- Pair it with high heels or loafer pumps. This is perfect for dressy occasions and a formal setting.
- A chic pair of black leather knee high boots is a great way to enhance your simple outfit into a power outfit.
- Footwear is also a great way to add a pop of colour or embellishments to your outfit.
Each design project is unique and we're confident we can bring your vision to life! Work with real stylists & designers, in your home to create your Dream Clothes.