Among the various color palettes, True Summer and True Winter stand out as cool-toned categories, each offering a unique range of shades that enhance one’s beauty. In this article, we delve into the characteristics of True Summer and True Winter color palettes, exploring the stunning colors that define these seasonal categories as well as discover true winter and true summer celebrities.
In this article you will discover:
- The difference between true winter and true summer color palettes
- What is the true winter color palette?
- True winter capsule wardrobe
- What is the true summer color palette?
- How to create a true summer capsule wardrobe?
- True winter color palette celebrities
- True summer color palette celebrities
the difference between true winter and true summer color palettes
To begin with, True Winter and True Summer are both cool-toned color palettes, but they differ in contrast and color intensity. True Winters have high contrast between their features, with dark hair and light skin or vice versa, and they look best in clear, intense, and vivid colors like deep jewel tones and pure black. True Summers, on the other hand, have low contrast features, such as light hair and fair skin, and they are most flattering in soft, muted, and cool-toned colors like pastels and cool neutrals.
Essentially, True Winter emphasizes bold, high-contrast colors, while True Summer embraces soft, low-contrast shades to enhance their natural beauty.
What is the True Winter color palette?
The “True Winter” color palette is one of the seasonal color analysis categories used to determine which colors of clothing, makeup, and accessories are most flattering for individuals based on their natural coloring. It is widely believed, True Winter is typically characterized by cool undertones in both the skin and hair, and individuals in this category often have a high contrast between their hair, eyes, and skin.
Colors that suit the True Winter color palette are clear, cool, and intense. They include:
- Deep and Bold Colors: True Winters look stunning in deep, rich colors like royal blue, emerald green, and deep purple.
- Cool-Toned Neutrals: Black, true white, and cool grays are excellent neutrals for True Winters.
- Bright and Clear Colors: Clear, bright hues like electric blue, hot pink, and true red are flattering for True Winters.
- Jewel Tones: Deep jewel tones, such as sapphire, amethyst, and emerald, are perfect for this palette.
- Cool Pastels: Cool, icy pastels like cool mint green and lavender can also work well.
Avoid Warm Tones: True Winters should generally avoid warm-toned colors like yellows, oranges, and warm earth tones, as these can wash them out.
It’s important to note that while the True Winter palette consists primarily of cool and intense colors, individuals within this category may still have some variation in their specific coloring, so personal preferences and variations should be considered when choosing colors that suit them best. Therefore, a professional color analyst can provide more precise guidance on a person’s specific color palette within the True Winter category.
True Winter capsule wardrobe
Creating a capsule wardrobe for a True Winter color palette involves selecting a limited number of versatile and coordinated pieces in colors that complement your cool undertones and high-contrast features. Here’s a suggested True Winter capsule wardrobe to get you started:
- Classic Black Blouse: A well-fitted black blouse is a wardrobe staple. Choose one with a flattering neckline and silhouette.
- Crisp White Shirt: A white shirt can be dressed up or down. Opt for one in a cool, bright white.
- Sapphire Blue Sweater: A deep, jewel-toned blue sweater adds a pop of color while staying within your palette.
- Burgundy Turtleneck: A rich burgundy turtleneck is both cozy and stylish for the winter season.
- Elegant Red Dress: A bold red dress is a statement piece that complements your True Winter palette.
- Royal Blue Cocktail Dress: For special occasions, a royal blue dress can be stunning.
- Black Tailored Trousers: Black trousers are versatile for both casual and formal occasions.
- Navy Pencil Skirt: A navy skirt offers a classic look with a twist of color.
- Charcoal Gray Pants: These provide a cool neutral option for your wardrobe.
- Classic Black Coat: A tailored black coat is a timeless and sophisticated choice.
- Deep Purple Jacket: Add a pop of color with a well-fitted deep purple jacket.
Opt for tailored clothing that fits well and flatters your body shape. Undoubtedly, well-fitted clothing can elevate your overall look
- Black Leather Handbag: A classic black handbag goes with everything.
- Silver Jewelry Set: Invest in silver jewelry pieces like earrings, a necklace, and a bracelet.
- Black Ankle Boots: Versatile black ankle boots are perfect for daily wear.
- Navy Scarf: A scarf in a complementary color can add warmth and style to your outfits.
- Black Pumps: A pair of classic black pumps is a must for formal occasions.
- Deep Blue Flats: Add a touch of color to your shoe collection with deep blue flats.
Thus, this capsule wardrobe provides a range of options for both casual and formal occasions while staying true to the True Winter color palette. Therefore, you can mix and match these pieces to create numerous stylish outfits. Remember to choose clothing that fits your personal style and comfort while adhering to your color palette for a flattering look.
“I encourage women to embrace their uniqueness and help them find their personal style through styling coach sessions”
Nathalie Neuilly, capsule wardrobe style coach, CEO Dressarte Paris
89% of my clients are women who want to feel chic and confident in what they wear. Are you also looking for your unique style?
I’d be happy to help!
What is the true summer color palette?
The “True Summer” color palette is one of the seasonal color analysis categories used to determine which colors of clothing, makeup, and accessories are most flattering for individuals based on their natural coloring. In addition, true Summer individuals typically have cool undertones in their skin and hair, and they often have a low contrast between their hair, eyes, and skin.
Colors that suit the True Summer color palette are soft, muted, and cool-toned. They include:
- Soft Pastels: True Summers look lovely in soft pastel shades like soft pink, lavender, and powder blue.
- Cool Neutrals: Cool-toned neutrals such as soft gray, taupe, and dusty rose are flattering for this palette.
- Cool Blues and Greens: Soft blues like periwinkle and mint green, as well as cool greens like sage and seafoam, are excellent choices.
- Soft Lavenders: Lavender shades that are not too intense or warm can complement the True Summer palette.
- Rose and Mauve: Soft rose and mauve tones work well for this group.
Avoid Intense and Warm Colors: True Summers should generally avoid intense, warm colors like bright oranges, deep reds, and warm earth tones, as these can overpower their natural coloring.
It’s important to remember that individual variations may exist within the True Summer category, so personal preferences and variations should be considered when choosing colors that suit them best. Therefore, a professional color analyst can provide more precise guidance on a person’s specific color palette within the True Summer category.
How to create a true summer Capsule wardrobe?
Creating a True Summer capsule wardrobe involves selecting a curated collection of versatile and coordinated clothing pieces that align with your cool undertones and low-contrast features. Here’s a guide on how to create a True Summer capsule wardrobe and what pieces to include:
1. Identify Your Best Colors:
Determine your best colors within the True Summer palette, which typically include soft pastels, cool blues and greens, muted pinks and lavenders, and soft grays.
2. Declutter Your Wardrobe:
Start by decluttering your current wardrobe. Remove items that don’t fit, are out of season, or don’t align with your True Summer color palette.
3. Choose Key Pieces:
Select versatile and timeless pieces that can form the foundation of your capsule wardrobe. These should include:
- Soft pastel blouses or shirts
- Cool-toned dresses in muted shades
- Light-weight cardigans or sweaters in True Summer colors
- Neutral bottoms (e.g., gray or taupe pants or skirts)
- A lightweight jacket or blazer in a True Summer shade
4. Mix and Match:
Ensure that all the items in your capsule wardrobe can be mixed and matched effortlessly. This allows you to create various outfits with a limited number of pieces.
5. Consider Seasonal Variations:
Adjust your capsule wardrobe for different seasons. In summer, focus on lightweight fabrics and shorter sleeves, while in colder months, add layering pieces like scarves and cardigans.
True winter color palette celebrities
The “True Winter” color palette is known for its cool undertones and includes colors like deep jewel tones, icy blues, and pure whites. While it’s not always easy to determine a celebrity’s exact color palette, some celebrities who are often associated with the “True Winter” color palette due to their complexion and style choices include:
- Anne Hathaway: Anne Hathaway’s fair complexion and dark hair often complement True Winter colors beautifully. She is often seen in deep blues, purples, and blacks.
- Cate Blanchett: Cate Blanchett’s classic and elegant style frequently incorporates True Winter shades like emerald green and sapphire blue.
- Kate Winslet: Kate Winslet’s classic and elegant style often includes deep blues, intense purples, and bold reds that complement the True Winter color palette.
- Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift’s porcelain skin and blonde hair are well-suited to True Winter colors. She frequently wears deep reds, blacks, and icy blues.
- Natalie Portman: Natalie Portman’s timeless beauty is enhanced by True Winter shades such as deep plum and navy blue.
Remember that celebrities may experiment with various colors and styles, so they may not always adhere strictly to one color palette. However, these individuals have been known to rock True Winter colors with confidence and style.
TRUE summer color palette celebrities
The “True Summer” color palette is characterized by soft, cool-toned colors that complement individuals with cool undertones in their skin, hair, and eyes. While celebrities may experiment with different colors and styles, some celebrities who are often associated with the “True Summer” color palette due to their complexion and style choices include:
- Meryl Streep: Meryl Streep’s fair complexion and blonde hair are well-suited to the soft and muted shades of the True Summer palette. She often opts for pastel colors and cool-toned neutrals.
- Julianne Moore: Julianne Moore’s auburn hair and fair skin are complemented by the soft and cool hues of the True Summer palette, including soft pinks, lavenders, and cool grays.
- Reese Witherspoon: Reese Witherspoon’s blonde hair and blue eyes often pair beautifully with the pastel shades and soft, cool-toned colors associated with True Summer.
- Kiera Knightley: Kiera Knightley’s classic style often incorporates soft blues, cool grays, and muted pastels, which are characteristic of the True Summer palette.
- Emma Stone: Emma Stone, with her fair skin and red hair, can often be seen wearing soft and cool-toned shades that complement the True Summer color palette.
True summer celebrities may frequently align with the True Winter color palette, but also experiment with other colors and styles for various events and roles. Personal style and fashion choices can vary widely among individuals.
Each design project is unique and we're confident we can bring your vision to life! Work with real stylists & designers, in your home to create your Dream Clothes.